Pharmaceutical R&D Outsourcing Service Project
Medicilon is known as one of the drug R&D outsourcing service companies (CRO). It has established a company in Shanghai that integrates compound synthesis, compound activity screening, structural biology, pharmacodynamic evaluation, pharmacokinetic evaluation and toxicology evaluation. The comprehensive technical service platform in line with international standards has been recognized by the international pharmaceutical administration. Pharmaceutical R&D outsourcing services mainly include early drug discovery, pharmacological toxicity, dosage form, formulation development, process development, intermediate products and API (effective pharmaceutical ingredients), analytical testing, phase Ⅰ～Ⅲ clinical research, policy and regulatory consultation, product physical molding, packaging , Promotion, marketing, product launch and sales support, pharmacoeconomic evaluation, business consulting, and efficacy tracking.
Medicilon is a CRO company that provides a complete set of pre-clinical approval applications that meet both Chinese GLP and US GLP standards.
A CRO company in China that provides preclinical animal trials for the international community.
A pre-clinical CRO joint venture company established with a large foreign CRO company (US MPI Research).
A CRO company that provides junction structural biology and chemical biology services.
It is a CRO company that provides cooperation between “foreign pharmaceutical companies-CRO-domestic pharmaceutical companies”.
Passed one of the AAALAC certification, in line with the US FDA and CFDA GLP standards.
It is one of the Chinese GLP certification and domestic Chinese companies that have achieved internationalization.
Has a professional R&D team and more than ten years of experience in R&D outsourcing services.
Forms of pharmaceutical R&D outsourcing
- Project commissioning. The enterprise only researches and develops key technologies, and other technologies are entrusted to universities, research institutes, or foreign institutions with such research and development capabilities. They do assessments, select research institutes, and provide corresponding research and development funds.
- Joint research and development. Carry out joint research and development on a certain topic with relevant research institutions at home and abroad to achieve complementary advantages.
- Set up information centers in places such as Beijing or Silicon Valley where information is concentrated, specializing in researching the trends of high-tech enterprises and research institutions related to the company, and then purchasing high-tech technologies that meet the strategic needs of the company.
Motivations for pharmaceutical R&D outsourcing
- Innovation makes enterprises have to bear huge financial risks. For example, for the automotive industry, the development cost of an ordinary new model suitable for the mass market has climbed to more than one billion US dollars, spent billions of dollars to launch an unproven brand, and let the profitable contract manufacturing business hand over For local competitors, most manufacturers will think twice about this risky move.
- For an enterprise, it is a bit overwhelming to innovate all the popular projects in the enterprise. For example, even the largest pharmaceutical company in the pharmaceutical industry cannot independently conduct in-depth research on all new drug targets. Outsourcing new drug development work to other professional companies will make new drug development faster and cheaper.
Cooperation partners in pharmaceutical R&D outsourcing
From the current point of view, there are mainly two cooperation objects selected by enterprises adopting the R&D outsourcing management model: one is domestic and foreign enterprises in the same industry; the other is domestic and foreign universities and scientific research institutions.
(1) Cooperate with domestic and foreign companies in the same industry to outsource the company’s R&D projects to other companies.
(2) Cooperate with colleges and scientific research institutions. In the combination of industry, university and research, the government, enterprises, universities and research institutes cooperate with their respective resources (capital, manpower, technology) for scientific and technological development and the corresponding products (or services) through group cooperation for the strategic purpose of social and economic development. ) Joint development.
From the beginning of the emergence of pharmaceutical R&D outsourcing to the present, the content of outsourcing has changed a lot, and the position of outsourcing strategies in the overall strategy is becoming more and more important. Outsourcing has involved the following stages: early drug discovery, pharmacological toxicity, dosage form, formulation development, process development, intermediate products and API (effective drug ingredient), analytical testing, phase Ⅰ～Ⅲ clinical research, policy and regulatory consultation, product physical molding, Packaging, promotion, marketing, product launch and sales support, pharmacoeconomic evaluation, business consulting, and efficacy tracking.
China is one of the fastest growing outsourcing services in the emerging pharmaceutical market. According to reports, there are currently nearly 1,000 biomedical outsourcing service companies represented by WuXi PharmaTech, Medicilon, Wisdom Chemistry, Charles Ruihua, Fangen Pharmaceutical and other companies. Increased at a rate of 25% per year.