Shanghai Medicilon Inc. is committed to ensuring the proper handling of data, and respecting the privacy of individuals and our partners. We understand the importance of informing our partners about what we do with the information we collect, as well as the steps we take to protect the privacy of their sources. Our staff respects the standards of the Data Protection Principles in which all personal data must be:
* Fairly and lawfully processed.
* Obtained for unambiguous and legal purposes.
* Adequate, pertinent, though not excessive.
* Accurate and updated.
* Deleted after a specific time.
* Handled in accordance with the data source’s rights.
* Prohibited from being transferred to countries without adequate protection.
General Intellectual Property Policies
Shanghai Medicilon Inc has established rules, regulations and protocol (SOP) to handle Intellectual Property protection. Employees are required to undergo training in the respect and privacy of intellectual property. Employees are expected to follow the Good Laboratory Notebook guidelines which are in turn, enforced by regular intellectual property and Notebook audits. Furthermore, audit results tied to performance review of staff as an additional safeguard. All employee contracts include confidentiality agreements.
Electronic Data Privacy Policies
* USB ports of scientific staff’s computers are disabled.
* CD and DVD burners are not installed.
* Electronic Data (including but not limited to Words, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, ISIS, ChemDraw, and analytical data) stored on the network are segregated based on project teams and access level.
* Firewall protection on network resource.
* Physical security to facility controlled by badge/card-key access
* Internet: Domain control to local computers and limited Internet access
All staff involved in the processing of scientific data are required to operate within the above boundaries of electronics use.
A cookie is a portion of data stored on the website visitor’s hard drive. Shanghai Medicilon Inc. enables temporary cookies to allow website visitors to quickly navigate our company’s website. Generally, a website with cookies disabled will lead to pages rendering slowly, resulting in a negative browsing experience. Our website’s use of a cookie does not reveal the visitor’s personal information while on our site, unless such information is explicitly provided by the visitor. Cookies can also enable us to track and target your interests to enhance the experience on our site. It is within the website visitor’s right to disable the cookie function in his or her own internet browser. As with all websites, we receive IP addresses during the operation of our company website. An IP address is a number assigned to the visitor by the visitor’s Internet service provider in order to access the Internet. Shanghai Medicilon Inc. does not use IP addresses to personally identify visitors nor do we provide them to outside parties.